Greetings of the day!!!
Pls find below the JD for Support engineer position for SDK
Position : Support Engineer – Developer Support (SDK)
Location: Bangalore, India
Microsoft India Global Technical Support Centre (GTSC)
Microsoft GTSC was established in October of 2003 in India, it is part of Microsoft's Customer Service and Support (CSS) organization which has locations throughout the Americas, EMEA, Asia Pacific and Greater China.
Microsoft's CSS organization supports over 170 Microsoft products which range from the Consumer to Enterprise customer segments. This includes the MSN and Home and Entertainment products as well as the more deeply technical products from Developer Support and Enterprise Platform Support to Enterprise Messaging Support and Enterprise Business Applications Support. The site in Bangalore is a part of a global network that has over 50 million customer touch points on an annual basis and provides services to the Consumer and Enterprise customer segments.
For more details regarding India GTSC, please visit
Have you ever felt the curiosity to crack the toughest of production issues without looking into the code? Does reverse engineering fascinate you? If yes, then this is the role for you!
The Support Engineer - Developer Support acts as the primary technical contact, and delivers advanced technical troubleshooting support and problem resolution for Corporate Customers, including issues escalated to the highest levels of Management. The candidate will provide technical support including product technical training to peers
A Support Engineer primarily works with external developers (Customers) who use Microsoft Technologies (User Interface).
• Efficiently analyze customer problems in supported technologies and develop solutions to meet customer needs. This will involve debugging, troubleshooting, writing external code, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.
• Troubleshoot and fix crashes and hangs in applications that are developed using any of the Microsoft Technologies.
• Identify, confirm and escalate bugs in Microsoft's products reported by external developers.
Provide appropriate alternate implementations/techniques to help developers workaround a confirmed bug in Microsoft's products
• Identify issues that occur frequently and help create a knowledge base article to solve/workaround that issue.
• Work on advisory issues to contribute directly to customer's application/code base.
• Write samples or 'how to' prototypes to explain a particular technique/technology or Product.
• Communicate effectively with Microsoft's developer customers via telephone, written correspondence, and electronic services regarding technically complex information.
• Learn technologies and products supported by the team and continually improve personal knowledge and skills.
• Create advanced technical content including Microsoft Knowledge Base articles, samples, whitepapers, and training.
Qualifications, Abilities and Experience should include:
• At least a 4 year degree(Engineer or an MCA) with Computer Science as one of the papers
Must have: VC++/Win32 and OS knowledge.
• Good to have: Exposure to managed code (.Net and C#/VB.NET)
• Experience of at-least 3 years in one of the technical environments mentioned above is desirable.
Critical Exposure areas;
• Great troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Good imagination to come up with multiple approaches to the problem and use them quickly
• This position has frequent contact with developer customers and Microsoft employees including managers, support professionals, customer account managers, and product development teams.
• Ability to learn from an issue/situation and adapt and carry forward the solution to another seemingly unrelated issue.
• Solid understanding of the OS fundamentals, Threads & processes and DLLs & Libraries
Basic idea on developer tools like compilers, linkers, debuggers etc
Reporting to: Team Manager
The position requires working in EVENING / NIGHT SHIFTS and provides VOICE-BASED SUPPORT
If interested please revert to the mail with your updated resume.
Email : v-sos @microsoft.com
[Microsoft India (R&D) Pvt Ltd ] | Global Technical Support Centre
Double your chances of getting the right job by keeping your resume updated.
Update Resume now
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Opportunity with Microsoft GTSC, Bangalore
Posted by sumedh_8003 at 9:33 PM