You now have an opportunity to join us.
Fidelity is a privately held, international provider of financial services and investment resources that help individuals and institutions meet their financial objectives. Fidelity offers services to more than 19 million individuals and institutions as well as through 5,500 financial intermediaries. The firm is the largest mutual fund company in the United States, and the No. 1 provider of workplace retirement savings plans. Fidelity Investments was established in 1946 with, headquarters in Boston. Fidelity started its Indian operations in September, 2001 at Gurgaon and later expanded to Bangalore in November, 2003.
This requirement is for the Fixed Income Division of FIMT. This group develop and supports the Fixed Income business including portfolio management, trading, research and analytics for FMRCo, FIL Investment Management and Pyramis. This opening is for Fixed income trading development team which primarily develops and supports enterprise applications for Bond and Money Market trading system.
• Manage the deliverables of various projects for the Trading Engineering team within the Fixed Income domain. Engage in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review and design of the application(s), including technical review and analysis.
• Provide architectural and technical guidance to the local technical team in the development, design, and systems integration from definition to implementation phases.
• Handle technical tasks or issues faced by the local development team across the breadth of the technologies in-use. Ability to perform independent technical analysis on complex projects.
• Managing team deliverables in Agile/iterative environment and facilitate design scrums and evaluate work-stream progress as per the laid out set of criteria.
• Work closely with the on-shore Trading team and participate in the discussions to define product/application technical architecture. This includes in-depth engineering analysis of various Trading applications.
• Advocate and implement the best development practices within the development teams and contribute to implement the development methodologies adopted by project management office.
• Emphasize on best practices and operational excellence to ensure reproducible development and high quality, while keeping costs & schedule under control
• Maintain the existing SLA and follow the methodology for all production support activity and continuously improve service levels in our highly available 24X7 platform.
• Facilitates team and business partners meetings effectively; holds regular status meetings with development team.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Communicates effectively with business-partner to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
• Effectively co-ordinate with other teams in Fixed Income (both in India and abroad) to facilitate project deliveries where dependencies exist and in effective issue resolution for production support.
• Stay abreast of the development methodologies and technical components in use and under development in the .Net/Java community.
Skills and Knowledge
• 7-8 years of relevant industry experience in managing Software development with last 2-3 years of designing & architecture related experience.
• Demonstrated work experience with VB, .Net, C# and web services based solutions
• At least 1+ years development experience using .NET 3.x / WPF
• Experience in developing, packaging and deploying middle tier web services using J2EE is huge plus
• Demonstrated work experience with Oracle database and other relational databases.
• Strong understanding of OO concepts and 3-tier architecture.
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
• Graphical User Interface development skills, including separating presentation tier from other functionality, and implementing complex data grids & binding.
• Candidate should have exposure to tools/methods for developing unit tests for affected code, including techniques based on use case and code coverage analysis, and automated unit testing (e.g. NUnit).
• Source Code control systems experience, including project branching and merging (BuildForge or Hudson experience preferable).
• Other skill sets (optional)
o Exposure to capital markets domain specifically fixed income
o Experience with Agile or Scrum methodologies
Double your chances of getting the right job by keeping your resume updated.
Update Resume now
Friday, February 11, 2011
Opportunities with Fidelity!!!!
Posted by sumedh_8003 at 4:55 AM